I mean, it's kind of obvious to us women. We have a fine tuned intuition. If you're in doubt, chances are you're in doubt for a reason.
So one minute he is everything he should be. Interested, loving, yadda yadda and all of those lovely little things slowly start to dwindle, People don't just fall out of love, it takes time for that to happen. Time for him to have doubts. Time for him to make sense of what is happening. So in between, he may still seem a little warm, even though the rest of him is as cold as ice.
Sooner or later, push will come to shove and he will eventually have to come clean about his feelings. He can only deny it and widdle his way out of the conversation for so long. He is unhappy, remember. Falling out of love isn't easy either!
So, here are the red flags for those of you who want answers but can't seem to get them from him. Fair enough, these signs could mean ANY number of things, but for me, they only had one reason. He just wasn't that into me anymore.
1. He no longer communicates with you. I get it, men aren't big talkers. It's difficult for them to open up and have those deep meaningful conversations us women thrive on. Men find it difficult to find the words that are needed for those biggies. But when he stops trying to find those words, That's when it becomes concerning. When he no longer tolerates you wanting to talk, to communicate. And it's not just deep conversations he avoids, it's most conversations. Right now, he is getting by just fine with small talk. You aren't though... Right?
2. He is no longer interested in sex. Of course this is a huge red flag. Be open to other possibilities though. Men find it difficult to discuss if they are having issues 'down there' or even 'up there'. When a man's brain is on overload, he just can't be bothered to play. Same goes for when he is exhausted. Depressed, stressed, anxious, etc. But if he is none of those things, and you have ruled out all other possibilities, that's when you can think of a possible lack of interest. It's a hard pill to swallow, let me tell you. Rejection is never easy to accept. When the love of your life no longer wants to touch you or is interested in you sexually, man... That can be pretty devastating to a woman's self worth and confidence. But remember, it's not your fault. There is nothing wrong with you physically. What one man can't see, another will. It's his issue. Not yours.
3. He no longer compliments you. Remember when he used to call you beautiful? Or was interested in that new dress you wore? Yeah, that kinda flung out the window. Fair enough, the honeymoon stage is dead and gone and there is a little less magic after years of being together, but those compliments, those should never dwindle in a drastic way. Think about your part for a moment. For me, I always complimented him. I would always show my physical interest in him. I never stopped telling him how much I adored him.
4. He has a short fuse. He snaps at you very easily. Arguments are something that happen a lot more frequently. Little things that you used to do annoy him to the max now. He just doesn't have the patience he used too.
5. He is no longer there for you. Why would he want to be? He is no longer emotionally invested in you, so what is hurting you or upsetting you, he just doesn't want to know. At least someone can sleep easy, eh.
6. He doesn't want to do anything with you anymore. Going out is not an option anymore. Those date nights arent as important.
So there you have it. My take on the sings to look out for when there is no other reasonable explanation for his behaviour. Remember, communication is key in any relationship. I don't mean constantly bug him to talk, that won't work. He will talk when he is ready. If he still won't budge... Then I'm afraid its up to you to make the decisions for your life. Take control again. No one has the right to make us feel bad.